Media Center Extender account (mcx1) loses access/priveledge to WHS shares RRS feed

• Question

• I can no longer see any Windows Home Server (WHS) shares from media center running on my Xbox 360.  I have had WHS power pack 3 running for a while now and it 'just worked' perfectly.  Now all of a sudden, when playing media center on Xbox360, none of the WHS shares are visible.

However, when I log in directly to my HTPC with my regular username/password, I can see all the shares fine.  It appears as if the media center settings in WHS to allow access to Media Center just stopped working.

I also restored my PC back to a config a few days back when this worked.  Everything was fine.  Then a day or two later, the same thing.  NO ACCESS. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WHS connector.  Still, no access.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!  Browsing baby pictures on our TV is huge with the WAF (wife acceptance factor)

Tim
    Friday, January 29, 2010 11:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you check that guest access is enabled?
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:27 AM
  • Yes, guest access is enable on all my libraries of interest.  For example, photos has read only access for guests.  Recorded TV has Full Access for guests.  The weird part about it, is that it worked completely fine for several months.  All of a sudden, this week no access.  Even after restoring to an image that did work, two days later it lost access.  I thought about rebuilding the machine, but I'm afraid it would happen again.  I am suspecting it is more of an issue with WHS, as you were alluding to.
    Tim
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:41 AM
  • Heres the fix.  Somehow the guest account had been disabled. 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940883

Tim
    • Marked as answer by tim2u Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:55 PM
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:55 PM