Installation keeps rebooting over and over RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,
    I'm new here...  this is my first post!
    I'm trying to install WHS on a new PC I built a little while back.

The motherboard is an ASUS P5Q SE2...  Is that not supported?

I'm asking because the installation doesn't seem to complete..  It goes into the intialization phase, but then reboots...  it does this over and over...

I've upgraded my BIOS to the latest version and have one 500GB HDD attached.

Any help is appreciated.  I also have another thread going at TGB here
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:40 PM

Answers

• It says "Setup Intializing", the progress bar goes completely through one time, then starts over...  It gets two bars in the 2nd time around, and stops...  I can hear the DVD spin up and then it reboots....

No messages or anything.

I would assume it's a hardware issue (bad DVD drive perhaps).  Do you have another DVD drive you can try?
    Monday, July 27, 2009 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi folks,
    I'm new here...  this is my first post!
    I'm trying to install WHS on a new PC I built a little while back.

The motherboard is an ASUS P5Q SE2...  Is that not supported?

I'm asking because the installation doesn't seem to complete..  It goes into the intialization phase, but then reboots...  it does this over and over...

I've upgraded my BIOS to the latest version and have one 500GB HDD attached.

Any help is appreciated.  I also have another thread going at TGB here

What is the last thing you see on screen before it reboots?  What's on the screen after it reboots?  Are you leaving the DVD in the drive?  Are you pressing anything on the keyboard after it reboots?
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:02 AM
  • It says "Setup Intializing", the progress bar goes completely through one time, then starts over...  It gets two bars in the 2nd time around, and stops...  I can hear the DVD spin up and then it reboots....

No messages or anything.
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 7:27 PM

No messages or anything.

I would assume it's a hardware issue (bad DVD drive perhaps).  Do you have another DVD drive you can try?
    Monday, July 27, 2009 2:43 AM

No messages or anything.

I'm trying another DVD drive (a USB one)...  Will let you know if anything changes.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 1:07 PM
  • kariya21,
    That was it!!  I'm into the installer now!!  WOW!  Thank you soooo much, I was never thinking DVD drive at any point...  :) :)

Monday, July 27, 2009 1:22 PM