How do i cancel Onecare subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I no longer use Windows Live Onecare and do not want ro renew my subscription.

The number given to cancel the Onecare subscription [deleted] is answered by "Dell" with a

voice message that is location is not open. How can I cancel my subscription to Onecare

Jerrys12

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• I deleted the phone number you posted as phone support is only available for subscribers. I can confirm that the number you typed is the North American support number for OneCare. You would call to cancel your subscription.

Alternatively, use email support as a trial user -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:15 PM
  • I suggest you call the number and see who answers, also the link info only works if your  running onecare, which I am not.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:49 PM
  • The link works if you select that you are a trial user.

There may be a routing problem for your local or regional telco for the number, but it is the OneCare support line.

For email support:

Start here -  

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

You can also click the link above to start the support flow directly if OneCare cannot start or if you are at a PC where OneCare is not installed.

• click "Get More Help" in the lower right hand corner
    • Click "Get Support"
    • Select "Billing Support" or "Technical Support"
    • Select "No. This is a new issue"
    • Select "on a different computer"
    • Click Continue
    • Select "I have a trial/beta version of OneCare"
    • Click Continue
    • Sign in with your LiveID
    • Fill in the form with as much detail as possible and click continue
    • Make a note of the Case ID
    • You will typically receive a response within 24 hours, but it may be longer on weekend and holidays or periods of high volume.
    • Be sure to check your Junk Mail folders for the support response when checking your email and insure that you are not automatically deleting mail from unknown senders.

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:45 PM