none
Suddenly Non-Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All;

I bought a dead computer off of craigslist last year and installed a new mobo in a larger case using the originally installed windows 7 ultimate. Installation went fine with original key and was last updated 2015 October 15. Thinking it was all good, I sent the original case and mobo to the recyclers after recording the install key as I recall then parked it till today and received the 'not Genuine' message as soon as I went to update; MSDN reason as per this forum.

I do have a bit of time into the build so I would prefer to keep it as is but have been unable to find a vendor of windows 7 ultimate with the exception of local craigslist types. Can you offer any guidance or am I looking at a fresh install with Windows 10?

Regards,

M.

Sunday, October 9, 2016 1:22 AM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool

(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once saved, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.

To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.x

- in your own thread, please

Was the Windows version one that came pre-installed on your old machine, or was it purchased separately?

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, October 9, 2016 11:09 AM

All replies

• Since Microsoft no longer distributes or sells Windows 7 Ultimate edition, your only viable option is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, October 9, 2016 5:53 AM
  • To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool

(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once saved, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.

To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.x

- in your own thread, please

Was the Windows version one that came pre-installed on your old machine, or was it purchased separately?

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, October 9, 2016 11:09 AM