Has this been resolved without having an ISA server? RRS feed

• Question

• Please let me know if this has been resolved without an ISA server.  I am having the same issue when trying to pass through the Edge server for Live Meeting or A/V
    Monday, May 7, 2007 4:44 PM

Answers

• It doesn't look like it. See Sean Olsen's reply:

A HTTPS reverse proxy (such as ISA) is necessary for connecting to web conferencing using the Live meeting console. HTTPS is the mechanism by which the client downloads the presentation, handouts, etc. from the OCS server. If this is blocked by a firewall with no reverse proxy to pass this through, the client cannot connect to a meeting.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:48 PM

All replies

• Can you provide some more information?
    Monday, May 7, 2007 8:29 PM
  • Sorry about that.  Thought I relied to a previous POST.  I have an EDGE server with all roles and an OCS standard server in the backend.  I am able to IM through the EDGE but when using Live Meeting piece the client errors trying to connect.  The Edge server does not show any logs but the backend OCS Standard server does.  Here is the log that gets generated:

Failed to connect external users because the download URL is invalid.

Failure occurrences: NE, since FE.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 2:30 PM
  • It doesn't look like it. See Sean Olsen's reply:

A HTTPS reverse proxy (such as ISA) is necessary for connecting to web conferencing using the Live meeting console. HTTPS is the mechanism by which the client downloads the presentation, handouts, etc. from the OCS server. If this is blocked by a firewall with no reverse proxy to pass this through, the client cannot connect to a meeting.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:48 PM
  • Does anyone have the docs on how to configure ISA for OCS 2007?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:31 PM
  • Hello dear jcpc
    I want to know how could you set certificate for both internal and external nics?
    Do you have use a public and private ca?
    I have one private ca and I want to know can I set for both nics in edge server
    thank you bye
    Saturday, December 1, 2007 7:11 AM
  • One the Edge server I used an internal CA server for the internal NIC and then for sake of testing received a free 30 day certificate from www.rapdissl.com for the external interface.  This way I wouldn't have to worry about exporting and importing cert's as this is a third party root. 

Hope that helps.

As to the reverse proxy server I was able to find the docs within the OCS 2007 documentation posted online.  This allowed publishing the meeting data since the backend is not opened to the internet. 

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:07 PM