CRM 2011 Duration Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am looking for some help on adjusting the default times in the duration field within any given entity (mostly within the task entitiy).

I am looking to add more options to the drop down box.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:12 PM

Answers

• Note that even if the option you want is not in the dropdown, you can still type it in. For example, if you need "7 days" you can just type it an save. However, you cannot edit the dropown list options.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:22 PM

All replies

• This is a whole number field that represents minutes that is non editable in terms of what it contains.  It doesn't appear that you can add values.  You could probably use an onload jscript with a check to see if the form is on create or on update and if on create then make the default value what you want.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:24 PM
  • Note that even if the option you want is not in the dropdown, you can still type it in. For example, if you need "7 days" you can just type it an save. However, you cannot edit the dropown list options.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:22 PM
  • Thank you for your help, it seems we were having an issue that day and Gonzalo Ruiz R is right. Thank you for your help as well Jamie.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:34 PM