none
Top 10 Answerers

General discussion

• Hi Moderators,
    I have concern on listing the top answerers in MSDN forums. I hope there are categories like TOP Answerers, TOP MVP Answerers, TOP Microsoft Answerers under which people are categorized based on the number of valid answers they provide to the forum queries. If I am not wrong these categories are for general users, MVP's and Microsoft workers respectively. I see there are few users who are listed as top answerers in "TOP MVP Answerers" are also listed in "TOP Answerers" rather if they are listed in only one category at a point of time say TOP MVP Answerers category, There would be more users listed in the general(TOP Answerers) category. This would definitely motivate, encourage people to take part in this forum activities and which would ultimately improve the usefulness of the forum.

Kindly post back if my understanding is different from what is existing.

Thanks,
    Bharani M.
    “Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone!!”

• Moved by Phil Brammer Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:25 AM Wrong forum (From:SQL Server Integration Services)
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 5:06 AM

All replies

• Moving to the Forums Suggestion forum.
    Phil Brammer | http://www.ssistalk.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/PhilBrammer
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:26 AM
  • Hi Bharani,
    I do agree to this point. Either remove the TOP MVP answerers option or remove them from the Top answerers.
    Just the way the Top MS Answerers are not displayed in the TOP Answerers list.

I did read in some discussion that the Top MS Answerers are not included in the Top Answerers because they are kind of paid for the job so it will be unfair to put them with the others.
    Valid point then why highlight the TOP MVP answerers in a separate list........
    Hope this helps !!
    Sudeep   |    My Blog
    Monday, November 16, 2009 2:03 PM
  • Any response or reasoning for this? Just curious to know it.

Thanks, Bharani M - Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question. - Please vote the post as Helpful if you find the post as helpful.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:35 PM