my windows RRS feed

• Question

• i had windows XP home pre installed with my computer,i had hard disk probs`and had it replaced,it came back with this virsion installed,and it looks like US version,is there anyway to get my old version back,for free ive allready paid for it,and its not fair that i should have to pay for this again,i`m sorry cause if i thought the the one installed was a bit iffy i would have done some thing about it,ive got no packaging so cant join your free exchange program,but your wellcome to ask me questions,i think this is just a scam to get extra money from the computer underclass,ie the web iliterate,i cant spell and never went to school,but i can smell a scam a mile off,yours hoping Ken
    Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:50 PM

Answers

• The only way to rectify your situation is to contact the manufacturer of your computer and order their original Windows XP CD used to originally install Windows XP on your computer.  When you receive the CD, then perform a "clean install" in order to return your computer to its original factory installation of Windows XP and its proper genuine license.

Clean Install Windows XP http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html  

Monday, May 22, 2006 12:45 PM

All replies

• Contact the manufacturer of your computer and request their recovery/reinstallation or restore CD designed for your specific computer.
    Monday, May 22, 2006 2:29 AM
  • Sounds like your answer for everything,thanx` for your help "not",Leroy i sugest you might try another occupation or career maybe,something that might stretch your imagination,dog walker maybe,by the way can you validate who you are?

Your very unhappy Windows user

Ken.

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:25 AM
  • Thank you for visiting.  The advice I offered was "genuine".
    Monday, May 22, 2006 12:32 PM
  •  Leroy777 wrote:
    Thank you for visiting.  The advice I offered was "genuine".
    prove it?
    Monday, May 22, 2006 12:34 PM
  • The only way to rectify your situation is to contact the manufacturer of your computer and order their original Windows XP CD used to originally install Windows XP on your computer.  When you receive the CD, then perform a "clean install" in order to return your computer to its original factory installation of Windows XP and its proper genuine license.

Clean Install Windows XP http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html  

Monday, May 22, 2006 12:45 PM
  • Cheers for that,i will do that as soon as i can.
    Monday, May 22, 2006 12:54 PM