CWA SSO RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to configure Office communicator web interface so it can authondicate user using custom validation? and one credential are OK then it sign-in using provided sign-in name. We have our own database to validate users which is associated with OCS user. We would like to autologon to OCS Web when it passess custom validation.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You basically would create a webpage where you validate the user's credentials, using your DB for example, and then generate a cookie on the user's workstation which can be used to authenticate against the CWA server. If that that cookie wouldn't be present on the workstation the CWA server redirects you to a custom logon page.

have a look at these websites for more information on CWA Custom-Authentication

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb969522.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb969491.aspx

Sincerely,

Tonino Bruno

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:38 AM
  • Tonino, thanks for quick replay and information.

Yes I saw those information before but may be I got wrong understanding or some thing is broken on my system so I can not test my proof of concept.

Anyway as per my understanding, there are three way to singin in CWA (atleast looks like from server option page)

1.Windows creditial -> use iwa/logon.html with windows credential and that will give CWA-Ticket with logon conformation

2.Form validation -> use forms/logon.html with username password passed to request will give CWA-Ticket.

3.Custom / SSO -> I am not sure custom and SSO is same or not but from your discription looks like I can first call my web page to do authondication against db and then call SSO url (sso/logon.html) that means sso url does not care about credential right? means if I send just request to sso/login.html it should return some response back. Is there any parameter need to pass to that url?

Do I have to implement  something to get sso/login.html page? I am able to get responce from iwa and forms login page but when I send any request to sso page it says page not found. I am assuming it should return some response (negative/positive) right? I am also changing authodication type to custom on CWA server but no sucess.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:38 PM
  • I have never actually implemented this but from reading the above mentioned links you should develop your own authentication page in such a way that after it validates the credentials provided by the user you would create a specific cookie on the workstation. Then you would redirect the user towards sso/logon.html which would then validate the cookie.

Unfortunately there is little information available about "Custom Authentication" with CWA and I am not much of a developer so I can't help you out much more.

Perhaps someone else on this forum can jump in and share his experience...

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:05 PM
  • Any way thanks for your help. I will wait until someone else aswer to my question

I was trying SSO url in brower but as per help looks like this url will not get any response from web browser so I am trying to use AJAX sample example fron SDK with SSO url but that is also giving 404 error. How CWA knows request is comming from brower or not? Is there any other changes require to make it work from this sample? What xml parameter I need to pass with this request? (I think only sigin name require. it should not ask for username and password).

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 3:52 PM
  • Any luck with this? I'm having the same issue ....  thanks
    Friday, March 6, 2009 8:09 PM