TDSSserv.sys-related RRS feed

• Question

• On Thursday, Aug. 8, 2013, I installed the free Comodo firewall and Dragon browser. I uninstalled Zone Alarm. Everything worked fine. On Friday, I had no Internet connection, and the upper-right-corner Comodo window showed an hourglass where it should have been. I did a System Restore, and turned on Windows Defender. Then, after 50 minutes on the phone with AT&T, I now have Internet access through IE8 only on Windows XP. However, everything else acts like there's a TDSSserv.sys rootkit: I cannot update security software, and Firefox, Chrome and Safari have no Internet connection. I looked under Show Hidden Devices and Non-Plug and Play Drivers, but no sign of an enabled TDSSserv.sys was to be found. TDSSserv.sys is not there either. The virus vaults of Malwarebytes and AVG are now empty. However, I am not being redirected on IE8. Whatever it is, is hiding from Kapersky TDSSKiller, SUPERAntiSpywarePro, etc. Has anyone else had this experience? What steps did you take to get rid of what seems to be a rootkit problem?
    Sunday, August 11, 2013 10:28 PM

Answers