"Exams in development" - meaning? RRS feed

• Question

• http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/in/certification/office-cert-update.aspx#office2007

MOS: Windows Vista for the Business Worker

MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2007

MOS: Microsoft Office Word 2007 Expert

Exam 77-850*

MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2007

MOS: Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Expert

Exam 77-851*

MOS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007

MOS: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

MOS: Microsoft Office Access 2007

In the above link (I do not seem to be able to post the correct link for some reason so I have put details of what the link shows above) I notice that 2 exams are now, "in development".

What does, "in development" mean?

Does it mean that a student cannot take that particular exam at the moment?

If it does mean that a student cannot take that particular exam at the moment when will students be able to take that exam again?

When will it come out of, "development"?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Usually "in development" means exactly what you would expect. That is, the exam has been announced but has not yet been released. 

Certiport is the exam provider for the Office exams. I just checked their site. Both 77-850 and 77-851 are live and available.If I remember correctly there was some delay when the exams were originally scheduled to launch.

In this case, it appears that the exams are listed as "in development" in error.  I have sent a note about this to Microsoft Learning.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Monday, March 25, 2013 12:44 PM