CRM 4 Data Archiving? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know any options for archiving data from CRM?

Over time, CRM data grows, and grows. Before long we are going to have to start archiving old data. But how? Is there anything built into CRM to archive old data, and then retrieve it at a later date if required?

Does anyone know of any 3rd party products to do this, or how we could do it manually?

Monday, March 10, 2008 3:22 PM

Answers

• CRM doesn't have any facility for this, and I've not seen any 3rd party tools, but I've not looked in detail.

The easiest archive mechanism would be to use a backup of the MSCRM SQL database as your archive, with a simple retrieval mechanism of restoring the database onto a separate machine. You'd still need a means to delete the old data; the quick, but unsupported, way would be via SQL statements, otherwise you could use the CRM web service, but as this would have to delete records one by one it is not particularly quick

Monday, March 10, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• use Data Import Manager have this feature for old data transforming

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/03/07/importing-data-in-crm-4-0-made-easier.aspx

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:26 PM
  • CRM doesn't have any facility for this, and I've not seen any 3rd party tools, but I've not looked in detail.

The easiest archive mechanism would be to use a backup of the MSCRM SQL database as your archive, with a simple retrieval mechanism of restoring the database onto a separate machine. You'd still need a means to delete the old data; the quick, but unsupported, way would be via SQL statements, otherwise you could use the CRM web service, but as this would have to delete records one by one it is not particularly quick

Monday, March 10, 2008 5:22 PM