Unable to install WHS using SIIG SATA II Card RRS feed

• Question

• I think I ran accross a nasty bug with RC1 when do a fresh install on a machine whose SATA controller is the SIIG SATA II - 150 PCI card.  I ran the setup from the DVD.  As expected, it did not have a driver for the card, so I chose the option to load my own storage driver.  I inserted the CD that came with the card and pointed the installer to the directory containing the Windows 2003 driver.  The installer loaded it loaded properly, saw my 500G disk, formatted it without issue and then copied files over, and rebooted the machine.  After the reboot, I get the following error which I cannot find a way around:

Error loading \\$WIN_NT$.~BT\$OEM$\winxp\inic1620.sys

Error Code 14

This particular file is the driver for the SIIG SATA card.  While the setup screen after the reboot says "Press F6 To Install additional drivers", actually pressing the F6 key has no effect so I cannot load the driver manually.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, June 29, 2007 7:18 PM

All replies

• Stu, I've long found that the "Press F6" prompt doesn't see the key press about 1 time in 3, so you should just try it again a time or two...
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 12:24 AM
  • Thanks for the advice, Ken.  I have tried holding down the key and pressing it numerous times when the prompt is displayed.  After that I see a prompt to hit F2 to load ASM, that doesn't work either.  I got around the issue by using an old PATA drive as the boot drive and activated the 500G SATA one using the WHS console.  I would prefer not to have the old PATA drive in the mix so I am still searching for a resolution on this one.
    Sunday, July 1, 2007 11:29 PM
  • I ran into the same problem with my SIIG card.  Ken is correct, about pressing the F6 working 1 out of 3 times.  However, I did manage to get it by pressing just before the message appears. Don't know why, but it consistently worked when I did that.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 4:18 PM