user control without class library project RRS feed

• Question

•  I have create a user control in C#. without using class library project Now how can i drag
    or place in my form .. I don't want to use class library project

It's Me
    • Moved by jack 321 Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:16 AM off topic
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 6:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Once you have created a User Control in Visual Studio, it should be automatically added to the ToolBox once the project containing it has been built. There will be a section named either Control Components or it may be the name of one the projects in your solution.

Each entry should have a purple cog icon next to it. You should be able to drag the user control onto any other windows form in your solution.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 9:04 AM
  • Hello 

I have a user control contain textBox ,Combo ect ... and I have drag that control on  different form let say

form1
    form2

Now in my user control class I have a event of keypress (textBox), Index Change Of (ComboBox)

Now at application user open form1 , form2  and press on textBox ... I want to know  which form has generate the key press event form1 or form2 ....keep in mind keypress event is in usercontrol class

I want form name ... on different control event

It's Me
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 9:56 AM
  • Discussion in Windows Forms General.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:16 AM
  • This was moved to the Off Topic forum. I can move it to a specific forum for you, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:59 AM