PP1 Install Error Message RRS feed

• Question

• I went to install the PP1 Beta and got the following message:

Not Enough Storage is Available to Process this Command

My server is an old converted HP Pavilion with Celeron 2.7G and RAM of 1G.

I've had no previous version of PP1 and have a WHS version of 6.0.1500.6 and have not been having any problems with my OEM install version for months.

I'm running two 500G HD's. I'm also running the just new released verion of FSecure and the latest Advanced Admin Console and ASoft AutoExit Add-Ins.

I installed WHS-KB944289-v1-x86-ENU.exe in my WHS shared folder uder software and hit run....

That's when I got the message.

Thanks for any help,

Ben

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:01 PM

Answers

• Could you please try dragging the file from the software share to the desktop and then try to run setup. If this fails, could you please file a bug and upload c:\Windows\KB944289.log and c:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:55 AM
  • Thanks to you and Tom getting me to think even more about this I have resolved my problem. First to answer your questions I have a total of 865G free on the server, on Sys C  15G free and on Data D  412G free.

When I was getting the error, I was in Server Console and I went to Shared Folders and opened Software Folder with a right mouse click and then ran the PP1 Update. Error....

Instead of that, this time I went from Server Console to Settings, then Advanced Admin Console, then Custom Shortcuts, then Show Desktop, and then clicked the shortcut icon for Shared Folders on Server, then

Software, and from there PP1 installed fine!

Someone brighter than me could perhaps explain this.

Thanks for your quick response and help.

Ben

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:47 AM

All replies

• Could you please try dragging the file from the software share to the desktop and then try to run setup. If this fails, could you please file a bug and upload c:\Windows\KB944289.log and c:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:55 AM
  • How much free disk space do you have on your 2 hard drives?

How much disk space is left on the C: drive?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:01 AM
  • Thanks to you and Tom getting me to think even more about this I have resolved my problem. First to answer your questions I have a total of 865G free on the server, on Sys C  15G free and on Data D  412G free.

When I was getting the error, I was in Server Console and I went to Shared Folders and opened Software Folder with a right mouse click and then ran the PP1 Update. Error....

Instead of that, this time I went from Server Console to Settings, then Advanced Admin Console, then Custom Shortcuts, then Show Desktop, and then clicked the shortcut icon for Shared Folders on Server, then

Software, and from there PP1 installed fine!

Someone brighter than me could perhaps explain this.

Thanks for your quick response and help.

Ben

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:47 AM