Company website on Azure, getting customer data from CRM Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I need some directions and starting help. Hopefully someone can point me towards a solution.

We use CRM Online. We have a custom entity with some asset information. We also have our own webpage. A ASP.NET MVC5 site, hosted on Azure. What I want to do, is create a customer page on our website, where our customers can log in, with the e-mail they have registered in our CRM record for that user. E-mail and password would be stored in the Asp.net identity tables, but a crm online lookup to confirm that the user is actually a customer has to be done. Next I want the logged in user the get a list of all the assets that are registered in our CRM, with current value. Where value is updated by us. 

My question is, is this acheivable? Is there any library available (c#) and where can I find the correct endpoints to connect to?

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:10 PM

All replies

• If you download the CRM 2013 SDK, it will have the required dll's for development and some examples to look at.  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40321

You will also need to embed the user credentials and password in your code so it can do the look ups in CRM Online.  Wrap everything in a using statement.  Your endpoint will be the same URL you use to log into CRM.

I have done similar things creating console applications, and then let our CRM On-premise server run them with the task scheduler every 24 hours.  Or you can also just create a service application to run.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:59 PM
  • End point for CRM online

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309401.aspx

since your ASP.net site use azure and you wish to connect to CRM, single sign on may work for you depending on the architecture of your MVC application to validate user from CRM online.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:48 PM