Plugin to Update Quote after Activated RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We're on CRM 2013 on-premise. I'm writing a plugin that fires when a Quote status is changed to Active. When that happens the plugin will 1) create a new custom entity and 2) update a Quote's lookup field to reference the new custom entity.

I have read in other forum post that I have to register my SetState and SetStateDynamicEntity steps to "Pre-operation". Otherwise I will receive an error "The entity cannot be updated because it is read only" because of #2 step above.

Now if I change the steps to "Pre-operation", it is weird that the plugin did not do anything... I put a 'InvalidPluginExecutionException' but it's entirely skipped...

Any idea is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-tri

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm still looking for a solution for this. Here's the code that I have that simply throws 'InvalidPluginExecutionException' but the error never shows up when I change the steps to "Pre-operation"...

var targetReference = context.GetParameterCollection<EntityReference>(context.InputParameters, "EntityMoniker");

if (targetReference == null)
                    throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException(OperationStatus.Failed, "Target Entity cannot be null");

var state = (OptionSetValue)context.InputParameters["State"];

//only proceed if the Quote State is 'Active'
                if (state == null || state.Value != (int)Schema.Quote.State.Active)
                    return;

var postImage = context.PostEntityImages["PostImage"];

if (postImage == null)
                    throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException(OperationStatus.Failed, "Post Image is required");

var quoteId = postImage.Id;

throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException(OperationStatus.Failed, "I did not get here");

Any input is appreciated. Thanks,

-tri

• Edited by triangular Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:24 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:22 PM
  • HI Tri,

In this case i would go for "Debug the plugin" MSDN help || Other

Check what actually going on inside your code.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:44 PM
  • Hello Triangular,

I think your return statement is hit on retrieving the state of your quote. Try:

var state = context.InputParameters.Properties["State"];

Kind Regards

Friday, September 25, 2015 6:44 AM