Microsoft's future plans for Dyhamics CRM and Dynamics NAV RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I'm a CRM developer but I had NO experience with NAV. Recently a customer asked if we can integrate our Dynamics CRM solution package within NAV. From what I understand NAV is completely different ecosystem with its own language and object abstractions which the Dev environment exposes. My question is does anyone knows for future combination between CRM and NAV? Or a possible way for solution reusage between the two systems? I would appreciate any help or guidance. Thank you!

Regards,
    Yordan

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:10 AM

All replies

• depends on which kind of integration you need to implement. There is a Microsoft connector for CRM and NAV, or you can use the SSIS toolkits from KingswaySoft (they have a toolkit for CRM and another one for NAV) or use a software like Scribe. Another option is to develop an integration by yourself, both systems have webservices

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - CRM Theme Generator

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:21 AM
  • Hi Guido, thanks for the prompt response. Its MS CRM package which uses third party web application data and uploads it in MS CRM. Is it possible to import or integrate this existing CRM package within NAV or I need to implement separate NAV solution which utilizes my third party web app's data?
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:56 AM
  • I think you might want to look at the changes for Dynamics365 vs traditional CRM.  There are a number of different "categories/modules" coming out focused around sales, service, financials, etc that might enable the functionality you are asking for OOB.

Otherwise, yes, you are looking at building your own data migration/synchronization tools to keep data in sync between both applications - Kingsway, Scribe, the SDK built yourself - are all good options for doing this.

Greg Thomas | <b>http://www.skypecondition.com</b>

Thursday, December 29, 2016 12:37 PM