none
difference between MCTS prerequisite and MCPD requirement in MCPD on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Can any one differentiate MCTS prerequisite and MCPD requirement in MCPD on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010?

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:13 PM

Answers

• Ahh ... I think I understood now.

MCTS prerequisites are the exams, that are requirements that you have to have to be eligable to earn the MCDP certification.

The MCPD requirement on the page is the PRO exam itself.

Technically, all are simple exams but the certification will only be granted if you fullfill all listed prerequisites. So if you take 70-518 first, you have no certification. That is one reason to do the MCTS exams first so after each passed exam you have one MCTS certificate more.

Did that help?

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Arsi-h Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:58 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:11 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

at the moment I do not understand your question.

There are no prerequisites for the MCTS exams for Visual Studio 2010. (For Visual Studio 2008 there was a 70-536 but that is no longer required for Visual Studio 2010)

And the MCPD have the MCTS exams as prerequisite so to get the MCPD title you have to pass the MCTS exams given at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx#tab2 (So the 70-513 and 70-516 +  70-511 or 70-515 is required for the MCPD)

Maybe you can concrete your question so I understand what you want to know. (Or maybe my explanation and the link help you already)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:31 PM
    Answerer
  • MCTS:

No prerequisites for the MCTS exams on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

Your Goal

Certification

Exam

To create Windows-based applications that run on corporate servers or user desktop computers.

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications

Exam 70-511: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

To create Web-based applications that run on the ASP.NET platform and are hosted on Internet Information Server.

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications

Exam 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

To create applications that communicate with servers or other applications in a connected or disconnected state.

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications

Exam 70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

To create data-driven applications that access data from various sources, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Office Access, object data sources, XML, or other flat-file sources.

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access

Exam 70-516: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCPD:

Certification

MCPD Certification prerequisites

Exam requirements

MCPD: Windows Developer 4

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications

Exam 70-518: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCPD: Web Developer 4

MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications

Exam 70-519: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

The above details are taken from microsoft website below link

http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/D/D/BDD81000-E7E6-4B7A-A213-8579369FB0AF/VisualStudio2010_CertPath.pdf 

Regards, tnvbalaji http://in.linkedin.com/in/tnvbalaji http://tnvbalaji.wordpress.com
    • Proposed as answer by Nag a Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:40 PM
  • Thanks for your replys. now you could better understand.

what does it mean

Windows Developer 4 on Visual Studio 2010                                                                                       Exam Number

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4                           Exam 70-511
    MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4     Exam 70-513
    MCTS prerequisite: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4                                                       Exam 70-516

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4   Exam 70-518

i got these details from http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

here what is difference between MCTS prerequisite and MCPD requirement. i want exact exams numbers for MCPD Certification.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:41 AM
  • Ahh ... I think I understood now.

MCTS prerequisites are the exams, that are requirements that you have to have to be eligable to earn the MCDP certification.

The MCPD requirement on the page is the PRO exam itself.

Technically, all are simple exams but the certification will only be granted if you fullfill all listed prerequisites. So if you take 70-518 first, you have no certification. That is one reason to do the MCTS exams first so after each passed exam you have one MCTS certificate more.

Did that help?

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Arsi-h Thursday, January 6, 2011 11:58 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:11 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks my dear Konrad Neitzel,
    so for MCPD certification i will have to go through all four exams. What do you think about MCPD certification? What is its demand in market?

Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:05 PM
  • I think that the MCPD certification is quite nice and is ONE sign for an experienced developer. But it is just one small point. From my experience, your cv is most important. What projects did you work on in the last years. At least when we was looking for help, it was just a little signal, that this person should know some specific stuff. But in interviews, we still went through the technical questions. And in the end the communication is much more important. A lot of technical stuff can be learned quickly. But the basic understanding and if the person fits to a team is something that cannot be learned.

So yes - it helps to get interviews.

And no - it is not a guarantee to get a good job.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:40 PM
    Answerer