Can't get top bittorrent speeds out of WHS Box RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so i've read all the speed troubleshooting posts & threads i could find, and i'm at a loss...

I had the exact same setup (except a different cable modem) and recently moved.

On my Vista laptop, connected wirelessly to the router, i'm getting upload speeds close to 90k, which is pretty close to my DSLReports speed test max, so...good.

NOW...the problem....

On my Windows Home Server box (which worked fine in my last apartment), i'm getting upload speeds not even close to 20k, and usually more in the 10k range.

Using a Linksys WRT54g with Tomato Router
    I tried forwarding the port, tried modifying the ports in utorrent, even tried mirroring the identical settings from the Vista Laptop utorrent, but still no luck.

Just looking for ANY ideas here...
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:16 PM

Answers

• Are you using wireless or wired connection from your home server to the router?

If it's wired, check/replace the cable and change ports on the router. If your network cable is running by a large power source (big speakers, flourescent lighting), that can cause pretty severe packet loss.

If it's wireless... I don't trust anything without a cable ;)

Are you seeing speed issues copying files between your server and your PC?
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:06 AM

All replies

• Are you using wireless or wired connection from your home server to the router?

If it's wired, check/replace the cable and change ports on the router. If your network cable is running by a large power source (big speakers, flourescent lighting), that can cause pretty severe packet loss.

If it's wireless... I don't trust anything without a cable ;)

Are you seeing speed issues copying files between your server and your PC?
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:06 AM
  • On top of the questions by Sam:
    how current are the drivers for your network adapter in the WHS?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, October 31, 2008 7:40 PM