newbie question (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com) RRS feed

• Question

• jbgao posted on 03-26-2011 9:45 PM

Hi There

I installed infer .Net and am trying to use VC++ 2010 Express's CLR to compile the examples of infer.Net. I am new to C++/CLI and I don't know how to include infer .Net into my project (actaully I find no header files under the installtion of infer .Net).  Could any one let me know what I should do to set up my projects to use infer.Net classes?

Thanks in advance

jbgao

Friday, June 3, 2011 6:40 PM

Answers

• John Guiver replied on 03-28-2011 5:39 AM

There are no Infer.NET header files. First you must reference the Infer.NET assemblies. If you right-click on the project in Visual Studio (I don't have the Express edition at hand, but I assume this is the same), you can select 'References...' which will bring up a property page. Add the two assemblies Infer.Compiler and Infer.Runtime (see the readme for where to find these).

Once the Infer.NET assemblies are referenced, you can refer to the examples at http://research.microsoft.com/infernet/docs/CPlusPlus.aspx for how to work with the Infer.NET classes. In general I think it is easier to work with C# rather than C++/CLI as the Infer.NET libraries are fully managed code, and most examples/support are for C#.

John

Friday, June 3, 2011 6:41 PM