Having trouble setting break points in an inproc COM service called from managed code RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with the CLRProfiles sample which is a combination of managed code and an inproc COM service. Once built I can set break points in the C# managed code, of course, but the COM server is stubornly refusing to allow break points to be set. It keeps insisting that no symbols have been loaded even though the symbol file resides in exactly the same directory as does the COM server's DLL file.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:18 PM

Answers

• By the way, here's the workaround - use a second instance of Visual Studio and put a DebugBreak into the COM server code. When it breaks, attach the second VS. It's a hack, but it works.

Richard Lewis Haggard

Monday, November 22, 2010 11:50 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:19 PM
  • By the way, here's the workaround - use a second instance of Visual Studio and put a DebugBreak into the COM server code. When it breaks, attach the second VS. It's a hack, but it works.

Richard Lewis Haggard

Monday, November 22, 2010 11:50 PM