none
Streets & Trips Program Mapping from Import RRS feed

• Question

• I have a spreadsheet with fields, address, city, state, zip code.  I am importing the spreadsheet and the files are being resorted in the program, so when I route plan for directions it is giving me something different than what the technician actually drove for the day. 

I'd like to have the route planner give me directions based on how the technician actually drove.  In other words give me directions based on how the spreadsheet is imported.  Are there are settings specific that can be adjusted to have the program do this?
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:23 PM

All replies

• It is unclear exactly what you are trying to do?

Do you mean you are creating a route from pushpins, but when you export the pushpins they are being exported in a random order and not in route waypoint order?

If so MPRouteWriter ( http://www.routewriter.com ) is an add-in that was written to fix this.

MPRouteWriter also includes "MPRouteReader" which can be used to create a route from pushpins in a pre-determined order (eg. a sequence number data field). It is unclear if this is what you mean instead.

(yes MPRouteWriter is one of our products)

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:59 PM
  • That is exactly what I am talking about within streets & trips.  Being able to have the "route" be predetermined by myself, such that the file order imported reflects the same within the streets and trips route.  I installed the file you sent over for the 14 day free trial but see no options within the streets and trips application to set predetermined sequences.

Thanks for the assistance,

Raymond

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:21 PM