Register Read Problem in Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a dialog in dynamics crm 2015. This dialog calls a workflow activity. Workflow reads a link from register and returns a value. In this moment(while workflow activity is running) there is an error occurs.  "Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed" It seems to be a permission error but I am deployment admin in server. What can be a problem?

Many Thanks

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:04 PM

All replies

• I suspect that the user executing the workflow, or the user that the Async service on the Server is running under, doesn't have access to the registry on that server.  It's probably a user with limited local access, so it can't read the registry, which is typically reserved for server admins, not regular users.

You can boost the rights of the Async service user, typically not recommended...or find another way to get to the value?  

ADXStudio has a Productivity Pack solution that has a 'settings' entity in it where you could put the url?

http://community.adxstudio.com/products/adxstudio-productivity-pack/ 

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:40 PM
  • I am admin of server and I am executing the workflow. So there shouldn't be any permission error. 
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 5:45 PM
  • Hi Recep,

Is it possible this assembly hasn't been signed with a strong key?

How to: Sign an Assembly with a Strong Name

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:19 PM
  • Hi Pedro

Assembly has assigned with strong key. There must be another mistake.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:35 AM
  • You may be an admin on the server, but the workflow executes as the user that is assigned to the 'Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service' on the server.  Check your services on that server and see what user is set there.  That user will have to have rights to read from the registry.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:02 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. That user also crm admin and it has a permission to read register. 

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:13 PM
  • Recep,

If I understand your explanation correctly, the assembly is trying to access Registry in order to return some value.

Is your CRM version on-premises, and if so, have you tried installing the dll into the GAC?

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:24 PM