none
Command not supported by this implementation of MAPI error RRS feed

• Question

• Dear friends!

We have been using Simple MAPI during many years as this:

m_pfnMAPISendMail = (LPMAPISENDMAIL)GetProcAddress(m_hlibMAPI, "MAPISendMail");

(*m_pfnMAPISendMail)(lhSession, ulUIParam, lpMessage, flFlags, ulReserved);

where flFlags was MAPI_DIALOG | MAPI_LOGON_UI.

But now we encountered with error 26 (command not supported). This happened

in hebrew Windows 10 64-bit OS with Microsoft Outlook 2010 Version 14.0.7190.5000 (32 bit) installed.

I have used MAPI_NEW_SESSION as flFlags and send mail successfully. However I must show to user my

mail dialog in place Microsoft's one to collect mail address. It is not a beautifull decision.

Please help me to solve this problem.

• Moved by Hart Wang Friday, November 24, 2017 8:56 AM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Mik_1955,

Thank you for posting MSDN forum.

As far as I know when you use the MAPI_NEW_SESSION rum as flag, you also need to set  MAPI_LOGON_UI as flag, or the function will fail. 

If neither MAPI_DIALOG nor MAPI_DIALOG_MODELESS is set, at least one recipient must be specified.

Since your issue is related to  outlook simple MAPI, You can post the issue on the forum. I will move the case to off-topic.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:58 AM
  • Got the same issue with Outlook version 14.0.7190.5000 on a Windows 10 64-bit (German) version 10.0.16299.64

But we've got another installation that works with the same Outlook Version, but Windows is not updated to the latest version right now.

- Gruß Florian

Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:40 AM
  • Could solve the issue by renaming/deleting the msmapi32.dll file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1031

(found this suggestion in an older thread with the same mapi error on an older version of outlook)
    With the next mapi call a reinstallation happens and fixes the issue - not sure why this helps, as the newly created msmapi32.dll file seems to be identically (same version) except of the creation hour.

- Gruß Florian

Monday, January 8, 2018 3:20 PM