Unable to activate RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased and installed MHS OEM after I built my server.  I have played with it for 3 weeks now and decided that this is what I am going to use for a media server.  When I select activate, the hour glass comes up for about a second and then nothing.  Can anyone tell how to get by this?  It keeps telling me that my time is running out.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:25 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all the help.  I finially reinstalled the system.  I lost those three weeks  of modifications, but not my data.  thanks again.
    • Marked as answer by oldsalt001 Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:28 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:28 PM

All replies

• If you login to the server, can the servers Internet Explorer reach the Internet (i.e. microsoft.com website)? Did you insert the product key already?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:13 PM
  • Yes I can get to the internet just fine.  When I click on the activation keys I get a blue square and nothing else.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:17 PM
  • Are you fully upto date with patches and updates?

I warn you that this might lock you out of your Windows Home Server:
    Boot into safe mode and from a command prompt run:
    REMOVED

Note it is case sensitive - wait a few seconds then reboot.

Select activate then enter your product key - if you still have the problem then it looks like a server recovery is your only option.

Cheers,
    Al
    --
    • Edited by Al West Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:44 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:45 AM
  • Thanks for all the help.  I finially reinstalled the system.  I lost those three weeks  of modifications, but not my data.  thanks again.
    • Marked as answer by oldsalt001 Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:28 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:28 PM