Remote Assistance is faster! RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Tahiti since it has come out and I have been using Remote assistance for years now and Tahiti is so much slower than Remote assistance.

In my situation, I am always the person who either starts the session or asks for remote assistance so my screen can be seen, and I have been told on the other end, Tahiti is a lot slower on screen refreshes than Remote assistance.

Can we see if we can speed up the code for the person on the other end? It is so slow we have to resort back to using Remote assistance and me asking for remote assistance just so I can share my desktop.

Thoughts??

Thanks

Bill

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 3:50 AM

Answers

• Hello Bill,

Thank you for the information.  I will ensure this gets logged in our bug database for consideration.  Have a nice day.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Bill,

Thanks for trying "Tahiti".  Could you please give us more detail about your scenario?  Where in proximity to you is the person that joins your session?  What type of network connection are you using?  Have a nice day.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 4:19 PM
  • Hi there, I am using a standard 10/100 system and the person connecting to me is in Glacier, WA. So, about 3 -4 hours away.

We communicate on a daily basis and when we hookup via Tahiti, his screen refreshes take for 1 min or so to refresh. When using Remote assistance and I share my desktop, the refresh time is down to 20 seconds or so.

So, that's really the biggest issue, the refresh.

His configuration is a Satalite hookup. So, his download is very fast.

Thanks

Bill

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 4:26 PM
  • Hello Bill,

Thank you for the information.  I will ensure this gets logged in our bug database for consideration.  Have a nice day.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:17 PM
  • Bill, we are doing some more investigation on your issue and wanted to see if you could help us with the bandwidth of the connection in Glacier, WA?  Could you ask that person to run a speed test (http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest) and tell us what his upload and download numbers are?  This would really help us diagnose the refresh issues you refer to.

Thanks,

Ben B.

Tahiti Test Lead 

Monday, April 9, 2007 5:04 PM