none
Cortana wont reply to me on my windows 10 pc (Acer Aspire X1140) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

this happened since I bought the pc Cortana wont speak to me when I talk to her she recognises my voice, my speakers are fully working, my microphone works, I set all the settings to English(United Kingdom) e.g handwriting, speech and text nothing seems to help ive always thought Microsoft was really reliable hence why I am posting this , Any Information on how to fix it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Josh

Sunday, April 30, 2017 4:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Josh,

This is by  Giridhar J

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method1: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the recording audio devices and its settings. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps:

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “W keys from the keyboard.
    2. Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    3. In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    4. Click on “Recording Audio”.
    5. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    6. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2

I suggest you to refer to the thread below and follow the suggestion provided by ‘Jason D [MSFT] on  and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_cortana/having-problems-with-hey-cortana-hearing-me/3f9a3fdb-6185-4d7c-8d6d-5979811a112d

Method 3

I suggest you to check the microphone settings and check. Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + W.
    2. Type Settings and click on Privacy.
    3. Under Microphone turn on let apps use my microphone.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 4:44 PM
  • They'll help you over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/win_cortana

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 11:48 PM