none
mcts certification validity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I did my mcts certification on nov 2009. till how many years it valid?

Please tell me........

Regards,

Mahesh

• Changed type k.mahesh Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:35 AM
    • Changed type k.mahesh Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:35 AM
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Mahesh,

There is no expiry date for your MCTS certification. However you may need to upgrade if the technology which you have experience or certified stopped using or upgraded to latest one in the Market.

Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCT|MCTS|MCITP| http://sachinshetty.design.officelive.com Please remember to mark the replies as answers and Vote as helpful if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

As a complement to the prior answer, Microsoft and every software manufacturer have development cycles on their products. So, they start to make new products, to think products and services in a new way. Microsoft collect all this knowledge in Microsoft Operations Framework and Microsoft Solutions Framework. When you certify for a technology, you keep certified on time.

For example, I'm certified in Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows 7.

You must be careful with other organizations that required re-certifications every amount of years to maintain the validity of their certifications, such as COMPTIA. Please be careful to check the validity of your certifications with the organizations

Alfredo Arizaleta 

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no express or implied warranties or rights.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 1:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Mahesh,

There is no expiry date for your MCTS certification. However you may need to upgrade if the technology which you have experience or certified stopped using or upgraded to latest one in the Market.

Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCT|MCTS|MCITP| http://sachinshetty.design.officelive.com Please remember to mark the replies as answers and Vote as helpful if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

As a complement to the prior answer, Microsoft and every software manufacturer have development cycles on their products. So, they start to make new products, to think products and services in a new way. Microsoft collect all this knowledge in Microsoft Operations Framework and Microsoft Solutions Framework. When you certify for a technology, you keep certified on time.

For example, I'm certified in Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows 7.

You must be careful with other organizations that required re-certifications every amount of years to maintain the validity of their certifications, such as COMPTIA. Please be careful to check the validity of your certifications with the organizations

Alfredo Arizaleta 

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no express or implied warranties or rights.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 1:32 AM
  • Thank u very much Mr. Sachin for ur valuable answer

I want some more information about Microsoft certifications. I did MCTS 2008 server. After that Which certification I need to prefer.

&

MCP means certified in only 2003 or it valid for 2008 server also......

Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:22 AM
  • K,

The top certifications on Windows 2008 are Enterprise Administrator and Server Administrator. They are focused on job descriptions. Both are so valuable that are recognized as ANSI Technical Certifications, along with other such as COMPTIA and PMI (http://www.ansi.org/news_publications/news_story.aspx?menuid=7&articleid=2332). Please verify at:

The MCITP:EA is more complete in the sense that they includes Client OS, such as Windows Vista and Windows 7,   the interoperability with other OS such as Unix, Linux and other enterprise systems like ADFS and ADCS. It considers High Avalability, Disaster recovery as well. Is oriented toward the enterprise. It takes 5 exams to complete

The MCITP:SA is more oriented toward the Server side of the administration, not including Client Os. It takes 3 exams to complete.

MCTS is refered for a person who passes one Microsoft exam of the Microsoft Windows 2008 technologies and later. The diference between MCP and MCTS is in the job description.

Alfredo Arizaleta

Monday, October 25, 2010 4:28 PM