Communicator fails to unhold a call when audio device is reconnected RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Office communicator public beta. Placing a call through the mediation server and out a gateway works fine. I can put the call on hold, and the gateway gets a REINVITE with a=inactive. I can resume the call, and the call resumes correctly.

If I disconnect the audio device, OC goes on hold, and sends the REINVITE to the gateway with the a=inactive correctly. When I reconnect the audio device, OC should unhold the call. Instead, it tried to put the call on hold (which it is already on hold) with a=inactive (which of course, the gateway rejects with "Call already on hold"), and reports this error in the window:

An error occurred while trying to place the call on hold. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator. More details (ID:491)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:13 PM

Answers

• Communicator doesn't automatically unhold (resume) the call when you plug the device back in.  This is intentional for privacy reasons - think of the scenario where one walks about into the office and docks the laptop and his active phone call is automatically broadcasted into PC speakers. 

It might be a bug that Communicator is sending a reINVITE w/ a=inactive for a call that's already on hold.  I can't reproduce the issue easily.  What device(s) are you using, and have you changed anything in Set Up Audio and Video wizard?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:17 PM