WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE RRS feed

• Question

• WHAT TO DO WE DO WHEN "WINDOWS LIVE" BECOMES THE VIRUS ON THE COMPUTER? I USED ONE OF THEIR SECURITY "TRIAL MEMBERSHIPS" A FEW MONTHS AGO. I DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T WANT IT, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO STOP THE DAILY THREATS FROM A MALICIOUS "WINDOWS LIVE" ICON. THE DAILY WARNING FROM THE COMPANY, NOT A VIRUS, SEEMS TO BE SLOWING DOWN MY CONNECTION SPEED

Saturday, December 8, 2007 1:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Do you still have Windows Live OneCare isntalled on the computer and it is now warning you that you need to subscribe because the trial has expired? If so, and you wish to remove it and use a different security package, then go to add/remove programs to uninstall it. If that does not remove it, use the cleanup tool here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, December 8, 2007 2:18 AM
  • i wish to subscribe to one care for 2 pc"s immediately,trial period of 1 has expired,am unable to prchase,pl.help anil koul

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:28 PM
  •  indrajee wrote:

i wish to subscribe to one care for 2 pc"s immediately,trial period of 1 has expired,am unable to prchase,pl.help anil koul

If you are located in a country where OneCare is available, you should be able to activate the trial copy and purchase a subscription. If you are not located where it is sold, you will not.

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

If you are located in one of the above countries, and you are unable to purchase/activate/subscribe, please provide more details about what you are encountering when you start the activation process.

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 3:48 PM