Home Server Caution Window RRS feed

• Question

• Ok,

I'm my father, and have had to endure all the reboots to get Home Server installed, after having to try and figure out a 'really hard' password... And then up comes up the screen "Windows Home Server - Caution - You are logged on to the Windows Home Server Desktop.... yada yada yada..." Does it say anywhere on that screen, what to do next?? I know, I'd be getting a call, "What do I do next?"

Definitely need more instruction at this point in the install process... And maybe somewhere along the install, "It's ok to remove your install DVD now", after 6 times "Boot from CD or DVD" coming up? That is sure to confuse the targeted audience!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:13 AM

Answers

• If you do not know what to do next, i strongly suggest you go back to the connect website and read the release notes. Then after you do that, read the documentation that is included.

This is a BETA product, so not much is a available to assist the average home user. Im sure more detailed documentation will follow the Final release.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:51 AM

All replies

• If you do not know what to do next, i strongly suggest you go back to the connect website and read the release notes. Then after you do that, read the documentation that is included.

This is a BETA product, so not much is a available to assist the average home user. Im sure more detailed documentation will follow the Final release.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 2:51 AM
  •  mbrummet wrote:

Ok,

I'm my father, and have had to endure all the reboots to get Home Server installed, after having to try and figure out a 'really hard' password... And then up comes up the screen "Windows Home Server - Caution - You are logged on to the Windows Home Server Desktop.... yada yada yada..." Does it say anywhere on that screen, what to do next?? I know, I'd be getting a call, "What do I do next?"

Definitely need more instruction at this point in the install process... And maybe somewhere along the install, "It's ok to remove your install DVD now", after 6 times "Boot from CD or DVD" coming up? That is sure to confuse the targeted audience!

Please read the documentation that comes with the software. It will have most if not all of the answers you are looking for.

Re: CD removal, don't take it out until the installation is complete. The install uses it at every stage of the setup process.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:35 AM