Trial Subcription Period-When To Purchase? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in the middle of my free trial period.  I've decided to subscribe. If I subscribe now, will the paid subscription begin right away or will it begin following the free trial period?

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:37 PM

Answers

• The subscription will begin (and will be valid for 12 months from):
    • immediately when you successfully pay for it (online purchase)
    • as soon as you activate the product key online (boxed product)
    Just to point out, it's worth checking out retail stores to see if you can get a boxed version for less than the online subscription price - you can often save some money this way. You won't need to reinstall or anything: you just enter the product key from inside the box online as a payment method rather than your credit card.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 9:56 PM

All replies

• The subscription will begin (and will be valid for 12 months from):
    • immediately when you successfully pay for it (online purchase)
    • as soon as you activate the product key online (boxed product)
    Just to point out, it's worth checking out retail stores to see if you can get a boxed version for less than the online subscription price - you can often save some money this way. You won't need to reinstall or anything: you just enter the product key from inside the box online as a payment method rather than your credit card.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 9:56 PM
  •  MAXBUFF wrote:

I'm in the middle of my free trial period.  I've decided to subscribe. If I subscribe now, will the paid subscription begin right away or will it begin following the free trial period?

You can buy a boxed copy for "a better price" in a store that is having a sale, MaxBuff, but DO NOT activate your licensed product key until the last day of your free 90-trial period.

If you do, then you'll lose whatever free balance of days that you have left.

Elliot

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:25 AM
  • Wow!   You just saved me a lot of money.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:10 PM
  • You're welcome Max.  During the last 15 days of your free subscription, you'll get an annoying pop-up every time you turn on your computer but it's worth the momentary hassle to wait until the last day.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:36 PM