none
Trying to Understand Points for Wiki Activities RRS feed

• Question

• First, I hate to make an example of someone, but this case clearly demonstrates an issue I have asked about for some time. This person has just a few profile activities, all related to one Wiki article. Thus week the article achieved a view milestone I can only dream about. Obviously a very good Wiki article, but can someone explain how it accounts for 7500 points this week?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/kweku%20ako-adjei%20msft/activity

First the article achieved the recent view milestone twice. This is something I have also seen in my profile. But even this does not account for the points. There seems to be points for previous milestones awarded along the way, but not reflected in the activities list. I also have suspected this in my profile, but I have so much activity it gets obscured. In this case, instead of points for 100,000 views, then points for 500,000 views, the finally points for 1,000,000 views, there seem to be points for every 100,000 views and every 500,000 views. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to work. But it sure doesn't match what we see in the profile.

Edit: For reference, here are the points we should receive for Wiki view milestones, for articles we published:

Short Description Views Points (Created)
    15 minutes of fame 500 5
    critical mass 1,000 10
    pulling away from the pack 3,000 25
    possibly gone viral 5,000 30
    interwebs sensation 10,000 50
    global phenomenon 20,000 150
    Kind of a Big Deal 50,000 200
    Greatest Thing Ever 100,000 250
    Setting World Records 500,000 1,000
    end of the internet 1,000,000 2,500

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Directory Services)

Saturday, January 30, 2016 1:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Still an issue? There was a bug where someone randomly takes credit for authoring an article rather than editing it.

Could that be the bug here?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, July 1, 2016 11:43 PM
    Owner
  • This case is different. This person actually did author the Wiki. It is a great example because the person is no longer active, so the profile activities have not changed. There are only two activities for the entire year, and both are 2500 points for 1,000,000 views achieved by the same Wiki article (a great article). Why was this milestone achieved twice in one day (as I recall)? And why does the account have 7500 points for the year? I will email fissues with a link to this thread, because they should be able to troubleshoot this instance.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, July 2, 2016 12:56 AM
  • Okay. I submitted the bug. You can also submit it to fissues.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, July 9, 2016 1:01 AM
    Owner
  • My email to fissues was forwarded to someone at KFORCE Inc, who replied a week ago that they are looking into it. That is a good sign.

Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:04 PM
  • I got an email this morning from MSDN Forums Feedback saying that Engineering reports they have fixed this bug. We should report if we see it again (where someone achieves a milestone twice in one day for the same article).

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:49 PM