Ok this WGA is... RRS feed

• Question

• I am sorry, but I am VERY annoyed. I bought my HP a1630n in December last year, and ever since I got my free copy of Windows Vista Home Premium in the mail its been one problem after another. First, during the installation it took 3 hours to install and then fail and revert back to XP. THEN I had to install it from BIOS via the custom installation. I used the COA that was stickered onto the back of the little CD package thing. This big red star saying Attention! The Certificate of Authenticity (COA label attached to this packaging. You will be prompted to... So then I take off that sticker, put it on the side of my PC, and entered it in.

Then after it installed properly, I got my first windows update! Went through fine, and I quickly started installing a whole bunch of programs. I downloaded a game called Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst, as it is a game I like to play. (it is legal to download from the official website at www.psobb.com) and I made a modification to the hosts file so I could play on a private server for the game. Private Servers for online RPGs are not illegil, they are no different from hosting a dedicated server in Counter Strike Source.

Also, my Microsoft product USB headset, the LifeChat LX-3000 has not worked properly since Vista has been installed. I installed it and everything and its really bad choppy quality.

I am really unhappy and VERY highly regretting switching to Vista now. I have completely lost functionality and I am going to complain to Microsoft, Hewlett Packard and Staples The business depot if my situation is not resolved soon. I paid money to be locked out of my own PC? Which I spent ALOT of money on?

I would like to resolve this, but I cannot even access my files.

<edit> OH! maybe I should say that PSO BB has nProtect Gamegaurd on it. Just read the sticky...its no problem though, I can use an unofficial loader for the game to bypass gamegaurd. XD. But still I can't access anything. (Black background, no icons, start bar, etc)
    Also, I got into System in the Control Panel despite being locked out, and the Product ID in there is different from the one on my COA, and the COA one is the one I entered in during the installation. I thought that mine would be in there as I used it to install!

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Detailed Status: 0xc004f027
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-V32T7-J98G6-Q6HRJ
    Windows Product Key Hash: vcGQNrS5AqKVXCtNC+0Vr/Mw1PI=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7318081-90016
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000
    ID: 45c7aa42-3ab1-4c26-8ccf-6b0f46d4d4eb
    Is Admin: No
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070006
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error: K:20070401212154068-M:20070401174212829-
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3178-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>45c7aa42-3ab1-4c26-8ccf-6b0f46d4d4eb</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-Q6HRJ</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7318081-90016</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2080732903-1850838274-3511086701</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>HP Pavilion 061</Manufacturer><Model>RC658AA-ABA a1630n</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version> 3.07</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20060802000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>EC333507018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>1009</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData> <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Monday, April 2, 2007 1:07 AM

Answers

• SEGA is going to be your best bet for the most up to date information on whether they've updated their GameGuard module for PSO BB.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 11:14 PM

All replies

• Monday, April 2, 2007 2:24 AM
  • I think PSO BB is actually a problem with Vista in itself. I myself have recently installed it yesterday and it plays fine and all, but I just got a message saying that my copy of Vista is invalid, and mine came installed on my Dell PC.

I wasn't even doing anything with the computer when the error popped up, so I don't really know what to do. It doesn't validate as a genuine Windows product so...I'm lost.

Monday, April 2, 2007 9:21 AM
  • As is posted in the sticky:

Vista Validation Support - MS wrote:

With GameGuard, if you reboot your tamper state should be cleared.  It will come back when you run the game again, however. For now, you can reboot after running the game until your game updates its version of GameGuard.  You can help speed that up by contacting the game company and letting them know you'd like them to update. 

So if you're unable to return to full functionality after you reboot your issue goes beyond GameGuard.  Can you tell me what happens when you reboot?

Monday, April 2, 2007 10:25 PM
  • It works fine after I reboot, to be honest.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 12:15 AM
  • If you can tell me the exact site where you're downloading the Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst game client, we can test it to see if its version of GameGuard is functioning properly and we'll let INCA, maker of GameGuard, know if it is causing issues. 

In the meantime, it would be very helpful for you to contact Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst and ask them to update their GameGuard module.  The fastest way to get the game up to speed is to get them to ask INCA for the newest version.  Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 12:21 AM
  • Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst is Maintained By SEGA Of America. And is available for download at www.psobb.com

This assistance is higly appreciated.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 12:23 AM
  • Thanks!  I'll get right on it.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 12:31 AM
  • I just used this to let them now about the Gamegaurd causing problems with validation and the other issue in PSO BB exclusive to Vista, can't type in some menus unless you change the keyboard language to Japanese Microsoft IME full width alpha numeric. Sad
    http://www.sega.com/support/support_csonline.php
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 12:52 AM
  • So, do you know if SEGA has had INCA get their nProtect Gamegaurd module for PSO BB updated with the Vista fix yet? Are they willing to do it?
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:22 PM
  • SEGA is going to be your best bet for the most up to date information on whether they've updated their GameGuard module for PSO BB.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 11:14 PM
  •  Zaedeon wrote:
    (it is legal to download from the official website at www.psobb.com) and I made a modification to the hosts file so I could play on a private server for the game. Private Servers for online RPGs are not illegil, they are no different from hosting a dedicated server in Counter Strike Source.

Wrong.

Sega didnt give out PSO databases to be used for illegal private servers, yourself connecting to one is very much illegal. This data is copyrighted by Sega.

But what your saying is we could all go out and get a copy of installation discs of World of Warcraft, FFO, PO, the New LOTR MMORPG and just use private servers without paying the fees to play on a real server? Sounds silly doesnt it.

CSC servers are of course run through Valve, the database etc isnt really on your HD so it is Legal.

If MS staff help you with this private server issue they are very much in the doo doo as you will be.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 12:16 AM