WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3178-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>70ca35ad-5513-48b9-aa3c-fd22dbb0674f</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-4C8MT</PKey><PID>76477-OEM-2111907-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3390556756-754976615-1829761122</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>ME051                           </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A06</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20060226000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>F8C23E1701840063</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Inspiron ME051</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

windows xp home edition by dell, i have the key, just not the cdrom, can u help?

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:05 PM

Answers

• Rugmaster,

No problem.  Recently several forum posters have made inquiries as how they may aquire the manufacturer reinstallation recovery  software disc's for their system. Please make the request through each manufacturer by contacting their Technial Support section. Dell's number is  1-(800) 624-9896. Locate the phone number and the company's website by searching on http://www.live.com for the company. Please explain the situation and establish a service request (SR). Remember to back up all data prior reformatting and restoring the hard drive.  Hope this will help you get back up and running quickly.  Have a great week.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:13 PM
  • Rugmasterstill,

Newer Dells come with a utility that uses a hidden partition on the hard disk drive to reimage the user partition in about 10-15 minutes, which is a lot faster than doing a clean installation from the Dell OS Reinstallation CD.  Depending upon when you purchased your Dell, the program is called "Dell PC Restore by Symantec" or "Norton Ghost".  See this link:  http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/tree?c=us&journalid=7E7715AA152C11DCB59EE54288CBF9BF&l=en&s=gen&treeid=FFA33DA99941FEDFE030030ABD62041A&Query=&SystemID=&ServiceTag=&contenttype=&os=&component=&lang=&doclang=&toggle=&dl=

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:26 PM
  • Dan,

Thank you for the information :-). Does this come on all their models? I worked on Dells for years and there were images installed.  Again thank you for the great info.

Stephen Holm, MS

Forum Manager

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Stephen MS,

Happy to share what I can!

IIRC Dell began deploying this imaging solution in mid-July 2004 on their consumer Dimension models and then later that year on their consumer Inspiron laptops.  About a year after that (around Oct 2005) they stopped calling it "Dell PC Restore by Symantec" and started calling it by its normal name of Norton Ghost.  However, the same keyboard combination of CTRL + F11 is used to start the program at system startup regardless of which version you have.

At about the same time, for consumer orders they stopped their long-standing practice of including the ubiquitous Dell OS Reinstallation CD as an included shipped accessory, and made it a $10 or $15 dollar option you could choose as you were customizing your order.

Dells with XP have always come with the small hidden diagnostic partition of about 30MB, which does show up as an unlettered partition if you look in XP Disk Management.  The reimaging partition used by Dell PC Restore/Ghost also shows up as a second unlettered partition of about 3-5GB.  I haven't yet worked with any Dells with Vista so I can't say from personal experience if anything has changed on Dells with Vista.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Dan,

Thank you for the information. The systems we used were Optiplex more geared for business's which as you know are usually imaged prior deployment. Never knew about the home use machines having the hidden partion.

:-)

Stephen

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:26 PM

All replies

• Rugmaster,

No problem.  Recently several forum posters have made inquiries as how they may aquire the manufacturer reinstallation recovery  software disc's for their system. Please make the request through each manufacturer by contacting their Technial Support section. Dell's number is  1-(800) 624-9896. Locate the phone number and the company's website by searching on http://www.live.com for the company. Please explain the situation and establish a service request (SR). Remember to back up all data prior reformatting and restoring the hard drive.  Hope this will help you get back up and running quickly.  Have a great week.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:13 PM
  • Rugmasterstill,

Newer Dells come with a utility that uses a hidden partition on the hard disk drive to reimage the user partition in about 10-15 minutes, which is a lot faster than doing a clean installation from the Dell OS Reinstallation CD.  Depending upon when you purchased your Dell, the program is called "Dell PC Restore by Symantec" or "Norton Ghost".  See this link:  http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/tree?c=us&journalid=7E7715AA152C11DCB59EE54288CBF9BF&l=en&s=gen&treeid=FFA33DA99941FEDFE030030ABD62041A&Query=&SystemID=&ServiceTag=&contenttype=&os=&component=&lang=&doclang=&toggle=&dl=

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:26 PM
  • Dan,

Thank you for the information :-). Does this come on all their models? I worked on Dells for years and there were images installed.  Again thank you for the great info.

Stephen Holm, MS

Forum Manager

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Stephen MS,

Happy to share what I can!

IIRC Dell began deploying this imaging solution in mid-July 2004 on their consumer Dimension models and then later that year on their consumer Inspiron laptops.  About a year after that (around Oct 2005) they stopped calling it "Dell PC Restore by Symantec" and started calling it by its normal name of Norton Ghost.  However, the same keyboard combination of CTRL + F11 is used to start the program at system startup regardless of which version you have.

At about the same time, for consumer orders they stopped their long-standing practice of including the ubiquitous Dell OS Reinstallation CD as an included shipped accessory, and made it a $10 or $15 dollar option you could choose as you were customizing your order.

Dells with XP have always come with the small hidden diagnostic partition of about 30MB, which does show up as an unlettered partition if you look in XP Disk Management.  The reimaging partition used by Dell PC Restore/Ghost also shows up as a second unlettered partition of about 3-5GB.  I haven't yet worked with any Dells with Vista so I can't say from personal experience if anything has changed on Dells with Vista.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Dan,

Thank you for the information. The systems we used were Optiplex more geared for business's which as you know are usually imaged prior deployment. Never knew about the home use machines having the hidden partion.

:-)

Stephen

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:26 PM
  • Reinstalling Windows XP or Vista using OEM Windows Operating System Reinstallation Discs.

Recently, my Dell Dimension 4400 finally gave out.  I couldnt even find my reinstall Disc.  I ordered a new disc and reloaded my system.
    I also found out that the Dell Reinstallation Disks will install on any system, And they will install on any Dell computer Activated without entering a product key.
    How to reinstall windows xp or vista onto your dell.

Step 1. Use the disc that came with your Dell computer to reinstall windows.  No need to call a computer Tech anymore.  You have everything you need at your fingertips!

Pre: Make sure you download the Ethernet and / or Wireless Networking driver from http://support.dell.com and save it on a disk, flash drive, CD etc.

A: Look at the Windows Product Key sticker on your Dell PC.  Write down the version of Windows.

B: Take your Dell Windows Reinstallation CD/DVD and insert it into the cd/dvdrom drive. 

C: Press F12 during bootup.  Choose boot from CD/DVDRom.

D: Follow onscreen instructions and reload windows.

If you dont have a Reinstallation CD/DVD, you can go to: http://www.oemsoftwaresource.com or Dell for a replacement.

The Second Step: Follow windows Prompts and Reinstall Windows.

The Third Step: Reinstall the Network drivers then go to http://support.dell.com  and download the rest of the drivers for your PC.  Once all the drivers are downloaded. You can install them one by one. 

Now your system should be Completely clean and new!

Saturday, April 25, 2009 7:50 AM