Importing Accounts into CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import Accounts into CRM.  It keeps throwing me an error message that says this:

The number of fields differs from the number of column headings.

Help!
    • Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:44 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Friday, October 30, 2009 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Kimbo,

Here's what i'd recommend:

A.  Prepare your Accounts file:  In your excel file, rename all of  your columns so they match the crm colum names exactly.  If you have more than half a dozen columns, here's what I'd suggest: Create an advanced find with column you will be importing, then export to excel just so you get the exact colum names.

B.  Import your contacts file:  If the columns all match a valid crm column, there will be no need to create mapping file.  CRM will automap the fields.  In addition, lookup column such as 'parent account', will work just fine too.
    Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, October 30, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Don't forget required fields.  For instance the only "Required" field for the Account Entity is "Account Name".  That being said it's also important to review the data for issues.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Kimbo,

A.  Prepare your Accounts file:  In your excel file, rename all of  your columns so they match the crm colum names exactly.  If you have more than half a dozen columns, here's what I'd suggest: Create an advanced find with column you will be importing, then export to excel just so you get the exact colum names.

B.  Import your contacts file:  If the columns all match a valid crm column, there will be no need to create mapping file.  CRM will automap the fields.  In addition, lookup column such as 'parent account', will work just fine too.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Don't forget required fields.  For instance the only "Required" field for the Account Entity is "Account Name".  That being said it's also important to review the data for issues.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 9:11 PM
  • Hi Kimbo,

A. Prepare your Accounts file: In your excel file, rename all of your columns so they match the crm colum names exactly. If you have more than half a dozen columns, here's what I'd suggest: Create an advanced find with column you will be importing, then export to excel just so you get the exact colum names.

B. Import your contacts file: If the columns all match a valid crm column, there will be no need to create mapping file. CRM will automap the fields. In addition, lookup column such as 'parent account', will work just fine too.

Your answer is very helpful, Thanks a lot! Your answer shows me a lot.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:45 AM