Acer hard drive crashed no vista install dvd RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

My hard drive is dead! (Tic-tic-tic sound, OS not found). It is an ACER Aspire 5570 laptop bought 3 years ago, it was sold without any install dvd for vista. Vista was pre-installed and it had been working so far (slowly, very slowly most of the time, but working). I haven't made or bought any "recovery cd" or anything like that.

I replaced the dead hdd with a new one. Now I'd like to install Vista on it, but I don't know where to find a Vista version. Does anybody know where I can download some ISO file to burn on a dvd ?
    (I think I have to find a 32-bit version because my laptop was sold with a dvd called "windows anytime update" and on it I can read "this disc contains 32-bit software only")

I have a key product written on the tag under my laptop ( xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx ). Will I be able to use this key ?
    (I've read on several websites that it was common with vista on acer products to have "tatooed" hdd, motherboard and/or processor... I understand it might be a problem somehow...)

Thank you for your help.

Adrien
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:59 AM

Answers

All replies