Release Project Server SP3? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can some body tell me whether MS is planning to release project server sp3 or not,

If yes then any planned release date for the same.

Thanks All

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, June 10, 2011 11:52 AM

Answers

• Sachin:

In my experience, SP3 for Project Server usually comes close on the heels with the second following version of the product. For instance, we saw SP3 for PS2003 hit with changes and fixes that made it possible for users to upgrade to 2010. So, if there's going to be an SP3 for 2007, I would expect that it would drop close to the release of P15.

I have not heard anything specific about a possible SP3, and MVPs are among the first to know about these outside of Microsoft. In the mean time, you have the bi-monthly CUs, which are, in fact, the makings of SP3 if one is ever released.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:29 PM

All replies

• Sachin:

In my experience, SP3 for Project Server usually comes close on the heels with the second following version of the product. For instance, we saw SP3 for PS2003 hit with changes and fixes that made it possible for users to upgrade to 2010. So, if there's going to be an SP3 for 2007, I would expect that it would drop close to the release of P15.

I have not heard anything specific about a possible SP3, and MVPs are among the first to know about these outside of Microsoft. In the mean time, you have the bi-monthly CUs, which are, in fact, the makings of SP3 if one is ever released.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Thanks a lot Gary,

Got to know new thing about MS strategy regarding releasing of SPs versions.

Indeed a great information.

Thanks once again.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, June 10, 2011 9:06 PM