Changing External webfarm url using LCSCMD (error: pool not ready) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I wanted to change the External URL. Followed the Edge server deployment doc appendix :

1.      Log on to the Standard Edition server or Enterprise Edition server in the pool with an account that is a member of RTCUniversalServerAdmins group or has equivalent permissions.

2.      Open a command-line prompt.

3.      Navigate to the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 directory.

4.      To set the external URL for the Web farm, type the following command:

Lcscmd /web /action:updatepoolurls /externalwebfqdn:<WebfarmFQDN>

/poolname:<poolname>

For example:

Lcscmd /web /action:updatepoolurls /externalwebfqdn:contoso.com

/poolnameStick out tongueool2

Resulted in an error and in the HTML log file following was listed (only small extract pasted)

Verify Attribute Values: False
    Action Info: Attribute "objectClass" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "msRTCSIP-PoolType" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "msRTCSIP-BackEndServer" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "dNSHostName" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "msRTCSIP-PoolDomainFQDN" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "msRTCSIP-PoolDisplayName" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "msRTCSIP-PoolVersion" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "msRTCSIP-PoolFunctionality" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Attribute "distinguishedName" State 0x0 (ATTR_NOT_FOUND) (hr = 0xC3EC7928)
    Action Info: Object State 0x0 (OBJ_NOT_FOUND)
    Object State: Not Ready

When I launch the Front End validation on this Standard edition server I can spot the same remark : Pool Not Ready.

Any Ideas ? I read  a post from someone stating that he solved this issue using Adsiedit but his workaround troubles me since he was working in an Enterprise Env and the issue occured  with LCS 2005 Coexistence

kind regards,

Wimos

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:33 PM

All replies