Limit the Microsoft Dynamics CRM log files RRS feed

• Question

• In our production CRM Server, MS CRM log files were occupying 20+ Gb space and IIS log files were occupying 4 GB space. Due to this, C drive of server showing low disk space. I deleted the CRM log files and IIS log files upto some amount. 

The size of every CRM log file was 10 MB. 

Is there any setting to limit the no of CRM log files? for example: Last 20 CRM log files.

Thanks,

Shashikant

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hi, It sounds like you have trace (debug) enabled because 10MB is the maximum file size for a tracefile; you can check in the registry or by using the diagnostic tool (diagtool). Normally this should be always disabled as it is quite resource intensive. Regards Nuno

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Edited by nrodriEditor Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:56 PM
    • Proposed as answer by nrodriEditor Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by nrodriEditor Friday, October 19, 2012 2:25 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:52 PM
    Answerer
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi, It sounds like you have trace (debug) enabled because 10MB is the maximum file size for a tracefile; you can check in the registry or by using the diagnostic tool (diagtool). Normally this should be always disabled as it is quite resource intensive. Regards Nuno

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

• Edited by nrodriEditor Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:52 PM
    Answerer
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:55 PM
  • Hi,

Do you really need the trace enabled? It can affect the performance, in my case i only enable the trace, if i have to, any strange behavior of the crm, or some errors that can appear, but after i disable the trace. 

Please check how to disable the trace in the google, i could put in here the link, but i'm new in here, and i'm not allowed to insert links in my replies.

Pedro Airo 

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:58 AM