Importing Notes from CSV file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Am importing some Accounts from a CSV file.  Managed to match up all the available fields apart from Notes.  Does this mean that you can't import Notes from a CSV or am I just missing the right attribute name?

Many thanks,

Douglas

Friday, March 7, 2008 11:26 AM

Answers

•  

Hi.

In order to import the notes you need to create a new Data Mapping on the note entity.

The most important attributes that need to be filled are: title , description and regarding.

Your mapping should look like this:

CSV                 à        Crm

Title                 à        Title

Account           à        Regarding

Description      à        Description

Here is a sample AccountsNotes.csv file you can follow to make this work.

Title,Account,Description                                                                                           

"This is my First Note","account,{BB51BC3D-98EB-DC11-9C73-0002B3C73EB0}","Description Description"

Lookup types Take the following format " [ Related Entity Name ] , [ Related Entity GUID ] "

You can also use the correct account.csv you have as a Data Mapping sample file but you'll need to mark all non relevant fields as ignore fields.

Cheers,

Adi

Friday, March 7, 2008 7:35 PM

All replies

• I don't think you can import notes in this way, as they are stored in a separate entity. For data import I'd suggest bringing them into the description field, or another ntext field

Friday, March 7, 2008 12:09 PM
  •  

Hi.

In order to import the notes you need to create a new Data Mapping on the note entity.

The most important attributes that need to be filled are: title , description and regarding.

Your mapping should look like this:

CSV                 à        Crm

Title                 à        Title

Account           à        Regarding

Description      à        Description

Here is a sample AccountsNotes.csv file you can follow to make this work.

Title,Account,Description                                                                                           

"This is my First Note","account,{BB51BC3D-98EB-DC11-9C73-0002B3C73EB0}","Description Description"

Lookup types Take the following format " [ Related Entity Name ] , [ Related Entity GUID ] "

You can also use the correct account.csv you have as a Data Mapping sample file but you'll need to mark all non relevant fields as ignore fields.

Cheers,

Adi

Friday, March 7, 2008 7:35 PM