Displaying Filtered Subgrid on a custom entity form RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a custom entity called "Implementation" and I need to display a subgrid on the form that shows all Registered Products (Entity linked to the Account Entity).

Implementation has an N:1 relationship to the Account entity.  Account also has a 1:N relationship to the "Product Registration" entity which holds the Registered Products to the Account.

So, the relationships are Implementations(s) --> Account <-- Product Registration(s)

On the main Implementation form, I have created a subgrid and selected "Related Records" but Registered Products is not listed as it is an indirectly linked entity.  If I select "All Records", I can select Registered Products but it displays all Products that are registered (i.e. not filtered by the Account for the Implementation form).

How do I get the subgrid to only return registered products relating to the parent Account?

Dominic Saunders

Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you could try to use deep query in subgrid to get data from indirect relationship, Check this blog for your reference

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, July 25, 2014 4:39 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for this - I tried this yesterday, but the results returned are all Registered Product Records that were linked to ANY Implementation (i.e. not just the current one).  I assume this is because the relationships in the blog are Parent --> Child --> Child, whereas in my scenario I have Child --> Parent <-- Child. 

As per the blog you mentioned, the FetchXML returns the Registered Products and I then added the Link Entity Implementation using the AccountId which is in both Product Registration and Implementation entities.

I am sure it is something along these lines, but I cannot figure it out!

Dom

Dominic Saunders

Friday, July 25, 2014 7:50 AM