none
loose points RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

the problem:

Mr. X answered a question and the forum moderator mark it as an answer.  Mr. X gets 10 points. so far so good.

but if the OP unmarked it as an answer - Mr. X loose 15 points.

thanks.

מיקרוסופט מציעה שירות זה ללא תשלום, למטרת סיוע למשתמשים והעשרת הידע הקשור בטכנולוגיות ובמוצרים של מיקרוסופט. תוכן זה מתפרסם כפי שהוא והוא אינו מעיד על כל אחריות מצד מיקרוסופט.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:02 AM

Answers

• hi,

I didn't refer to your mr. x...

anyway the problem is that Mr. X wanted to help and answer a question. his question marked as answer by the community:

Your forum post is confirmed as an answer by the community. +10

but when the original poster UNMARKED the question, he looses 15 points:

Your forum post that was marked as an answer is removed by the original question asker                                                         -15

so, the problem is that Mr. X tried to help, but at the end he looses 5 points...

מיקרוסופט מציעה שירות זה ללא תשלום, למטרת סיוע למשתמשים והעשרת הידע הקשור בטכנולוגיות ובמוצרים של מיקרוסופט. תוכן זה מתפרסם כפי שהוא והוא אינו מעיד על כל אחריות מצד מיקרוסופט.

Unfortunately, that's how it is !

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Blog | Wiki

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:32 PM

All replies

• Are you referring Mr X ? ;-)

Please refer section "How do I earn points?" from below linked article 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#_Recognition_System

By the way, This discussion should belong to MSDN and TechNet Profile and Recognition System Discussions forum

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Blog | Wiki

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:12 AM
  • hi,

anyway the problem is that Mr. X wanted to help and answer a question. his question marked as answer by the community:

Your forum post that was marked as an answer is removed by the original question asker                                                         -15

so, the problem is that Mr. X tried to help, but at the end he looses 5 points...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:46 AM
  • hi,

Unfortunately, that's how it is !

Regards, Santosh

Blog | Wiki

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:32 PM
  • Yes, there is no perfect system. This is a flaw that a user may even lost points while helping.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:10 PM
  • of course there is no perfect system. because of that I post this message!... in order that this design bug will be fixed some day!...

thanks,

Eran.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:59 AM
  • I'd like to see a profile having minus points as total ^^

I wonder if the system would crash than, since minus points "shouldn't" be possible.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

Need any links for images like CodeBlock? Go here.

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:31 AM