CRM Rollup 7 = "problem communicating with CRM server" , but if I go back to rollup 6, I'm ok RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into the following error with an Outlook 2003 client after I have applied rollup 7

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

If I un-install CRM and then re-install everything up through rollup 6, the problem goes away.  But the problem comes back as soon as I install rollup 7 again.   

This is happening on one specific client, but does not happen on many other clients.

Rollup 10 does not fix the problem.   So, we cannot roll out 7,8,9,10, or 11 at our company, due to rollup 7 not working on a single client.  Help?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 7:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Seriously.  CRM 4.0 Rollup 7 has a problem! 

It works on many user's computers, but for one specific user, it simply does not connect to the CRM server.  This user can successfully connect to the CRM server with Outlook 2003 client with CRM 4.0 rollup 6.

Every time I install rollup 7, for this user only, I get the error below:

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server.

The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Every time I bring the user's configuration back down to rollup 6 (complete un-install, re-install), the problem goes away.

This user does not have any 3rd-party addins to Outlook, and doesn't have any additional software apps installed, compared to other users in the company.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:06 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem then I try rollup 7 on Windows 2008 R2 Remote host (Terminal server), so can somebody help? BTW: CRM Client diagnostics all OK.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:48 PM
  • have you looked at the CRM log files to try and find more information about the error? 

Regards, Donna

• Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:37 PM
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:46 PM
  • Have you checked that the machine has access to he internet? This is a requirement for rollup 7 of the Outlook client.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 1:56 AM