none
SyncToy 2.0 Date Modified/Created problems RRS feed

• Question

• I just started using SyncToy to sync My Documents folder between laptop and flash drive. To start, I copied My Docs from C: to the flash drive using Win Explorer. Then I immediately ran a SyncToy Preview to see what would happen. All of the files are identical. SyncToy wants to overwrite just about ALL of the files. It seems that SyncToy is reading Last Modify date incorrectly on all kinds of files: doc, txt, pdf, jgg, xls, etc. I compared the dates on the 2 devices in Win Explorer and they are the same, but SyncToy makes them 7 hours different for many files, and some other difference for other files.

I've read other posts here about this problem, but they are old and seem unresolved. I read that the Creation Date can cause this issue.. Files that I copied to the flash drive have Creation Date of today. This should not be taken into consideration during the sync.

Has this problem been fixed?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi -

We are aware of this issue and we have fixed this in our next release. Currently we do not have a release date for this but it will before the end of the year. We will post to this forum when we release.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:05 PM

All replies

• Hi -

We are aware of this issue and we have fixed this in our next release. Currently we do not have a release date for this but it will before the end of the year. We will post to this forum when we release.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:05 PM
  • This update does not fix the date problem.

Example scenario:
    1) copy directory/files from drive A to drive B
    2) add a new directory/files to drive B
    3) run SyncToy v2.1 (folder pair is set for 2 way sync)
    4) SyncToy wants to a) overwrite original directory/files on drive A from drive B [not desired] and b) copy new directory/files from drive B to drive A [desired]  

I'm a bit disappointed with the implementation (not well thought out) of this "sync" tool....

Is there a fix or workaround? A simple option to ignor the date would fix this issue.

Please advise.

thank-you,
    Rajeev
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 5:19 PM