cant opne my money file RRS feed

• Question

• hi , i have the newest version of money (the sunset ) at was working with my file and the computer shotdown, so i turn on again

when i try to open my file , it said that money needs to verify the information  because detected that you did not close the file before exiting.

then another frame said the email address or password in incorrect, and keep telling me that always , obviously my information  is correct .

i dont know what to do to open my file!!!

Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:11 PM

All replies

• Copy your *.mny and last few *.mbf files to other media, such as a USB flash drive. Just in case.

Probably, the best thing to do is to restore your newest *.mbf file. If Money is closed, you can Open the *.mbf file, and that will open Money. If during the restore, you choose a new different filename to restore to, Money will not overwrite the *.mny file in case you want to try repair on it later. If your newest backup file does not work, open your second-newest instead.

You could try a repair on the *.mny file, but you are probably going to be better off just restoring. The exception is if the backup (*.mbf) files are pretty old.

If none of these work, reinstall Microsoft Money Plus.

Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:10 PM