af query - cases with emails createdon > 15 mins after case createdon? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I want to create an AF query to return a list of cases having associated emails created > 15 minutes after case creation.  How would I build this AF query?
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Create a workflow on creation of Case. Put a wait condition of 15 minutes and then update a temp hidden field on the form. On update of that temp field you can fire your AF query in the plugin.

I hope it helps.

Anubhav Bajpai

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:08 AM
  • @anubhav - This needs to be implemented as an AF query on existing data, without any code changes
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:10 AM
  • Or I could also support the business requirement by returning a list of cases having associated emails created > 15 minutes after the creation of the contact who the email is from.  This might be easier to do?
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Another option for my scenario would be to return all cases with emails having createdon > 15mins than the min email createdon for the case. Is this possible?
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:51 AM
  • You can meet your requirement by:-

1. Create a custom report.

2. First mark all emails created within 15 minutes after the creation of case. Add a bit field on email and set it to true if the email is created within 15 minutes of case creation using a workflow on create of email. First check that email is inbound. Than you will be able to find these emails using advanced find.

3. Create a web service to run and find out all the require emails.

I think option 2 don't require any coding.

Regards Faisal

Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:54 AM