none
Retail License --> MAK/KMS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

There used to be a way that you could pay a few extra $$ after buying a PC that would allow you to add the retail purchased version of an OS to your VLK activation's.  Is there still a way to do this? 

For example - If someone buys a Lenovo system that has a retail version of Windows 7 Professional on it and I have a Windows 7 Professional KMS/MAK key, what can be done to move this Retail to increase my KMS/MAK count by 1 and decomissioning the retail version that came with it legally?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

RV

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:36 PM

Answers

• "Ahhhr V" wrote in message news:6219d692-2eee-4498-835b-3fcd0932af78...

Hello,

There used to be a way that you could pay a few extra $$ after buying a PC that would allow you to add the retail purchased version of an OS to your VLK activation's.  Is there still a way to do this? 

For example - If someone buys a Lenovo system that has a retail version of Windows 7 Professional on it and I have a Windows 7 Professional KMS/MAK key, what can be done to move this Retail to increase my KMS/MAK count by 1 and decomissioning the retail version that came with it legally?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

RV

You'll need to ask this in the ITPro forums on TechNet - we are not experts on this aspect.
    Note that ALL KMS/MAK licenses are Upgrades - and therefore what you are implying is unlikely to be possible, unless there was an underlying OEM license on the machine in question.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Ahhhr V Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:40 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:46 PM