none
PLEASE VOTE: Should the Profile Activity tab or Experience tab be displayed first? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I VOTE FOR THE HYBRID -> EXPERIENCE TAB WITH 3-5 MOST RECENT ACTIVITIES

<- Click the arrow up icon on the left to vote for the Hybrid Experience tab. This means that when you go to your profile (or anyone's profile), you'd prefer to see the Experience tab displayed by default (which is the current behavior), but the difference is that at the top it would include your most recent 3-5 activities. Sean mentioned that option here.

NOTE: This is to get the general opinion of the community. Once we have proof of the general opinion, we'll present that to the profile team. There are no guarantees beyond that. In addition to voting, feel free to reply in order to explain "why." That way we can get more detailed information in addition to the data. Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, October 6, 2011 7:04 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I VOTE FOR THE EXPERIENCE TAB

<- Click the arrow up icon on the left to vote for the Experience tab. This means that when you go to your profile (or anyone's profile), you'd prefer to see the Experience tab displayed by default (which is the current behavior). So you'd like there to be no change as to which tab is displayed by default.

NOTE: This is to get the general opinion of the community. Once we have proof of the general opinion, we'll present that to the profile team. There are no guarantees beyond that.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 7:06 PM
    Owner
  • I VOTE FOR THE ACTIVITY TAB

<- Click the arrow up icon on the left to vote for the Activity tab. This means that when you go to your profile (or anyone's profile), you'd prefer to see the Activity tab displayed by default instead of the Experience tab (the current behavior).

NOTE: This is to get the general opinion of the community. Once we have proof of the general opinion, we'll present that to the profile team. There are no guarantees beyond that.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 7:14 PM
    Owner
  • Didn't see this thread before. I voted for the option 3. For me the Activities is the important tab. I also need to be able to easily filter in Activities. Say, easily filter answers only and in particular forum, etc.

BTW, all the votes will go towards your points :)

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:04 PM
  • So far, we're getting the most votes for the Activity Tab. I thought the Hybrid would take it, but that's why we do things like this! =^)
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:06 PM
    Owner
  • i personally like the hybrid approach, but i guess customizable is the way to go to make everyone happy in the long run :)
    Friday, October 14, 2011 6:49 AM
    Answerer
  • customisation would be best. But as long as there are only 3 versions to select as default, I prefer the activities :-)

and another way comes to my mind:

clicking on your own profile: experience tab

clicking on another ones profile: activities tab

nevertheless, customisation gets all thumbs up! :-)

Gruss / Best regards -Tom 010101100100011001010000011110000101001001101111011000110110101101110011
    Friday, October 14, 2011 11:53 AM
  • BTW, all the votes will go towards your points :)

My blog

Ha! I guess you're right. I'm giving you and most folks "helpful" marks as well, because all your input is very helpful.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 11:38 PM
    Owner
  • customisation would be best. But as long as there are only 3 versions to select as default, I prefer the activities :-)

and another way comes to my mind:

clicking on your own profile: experience tab

clicking on another ones profile: activities tab

nevertheless, customisation gets all thumbs up! :-)

Gruss / Best regards -Tom 010101100100011001010000011110000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

I guess you can argue that if you can customize it too much than it looks very inconsistent, and that makes it tougher to navigate.

Thanks for voting! Good points.

Friday, October 14, 2011 11:39 PM
    Owner
  • Any updates or decisions here?

My blog
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:50 AM
  • I vote for a correct counting of points.
    dni
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Just touched on this in my Dec 1st release announcement notes. We are working through the data along with a design refresh with UX and will make any changes to the tab order in conjunction with that design refresh in early 2012.
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:54 PM